Website Six Flags, Inc.
Amusement park company
15-year-old positions are limited. If you qualify you may be placed on a waiting list until a position becomes available.
Are you a 15 year old looking for a place to work? Apply now as a Minor Compliance Team Member where you can work in Admissions, Retail, Games, or Culinary Services. There are some important government and Six Flags regulations restricting a 15-year-old’s work hours with which you need to be familiar. Six Flags is committed to following the Federal Child Labor Laws without any violations. All qualified applicants will have the opportunity to communicate which department listed below meets their interest!
Departments that accept 15year olds:
- This role is responsible for processing season passes and memberships. Membership Services Team Members are required to interact with guests, team members, leads, and supervisors on a daily basis. Additionally, they are required to work indoors/outdoors and closely with others. Must be able to function in all weather conditions for long periods of time.
- You can’t put a price tag on the fun you will have working on our retail team. From selling candy and capes to restocking t-shirts and treasures, you will take home the perfect souvenir—a summer full of valuable customer service and priceless experiences. You will be re-stock bins, shelves, fixtures, and displays with the newest and coolest merchandise.
- When you score a job in our games department, you’ll feel like a winner every day! You’ll challenge players to hit a target, land a ring, or climb a wobbly rope ladder. Show them how to play and reassure them that the giant banana is only one point away. You’ll fill the midways with fun and be the ultimate champion when you take home a paycheck as big as those stuffed animals!
- Food Service
- Hungry for a great job with filling experience? If you love good food (who doesn’t?), you’ll crave being surrounded by the flavors of Six Flags as part of our culinary team. Whether you’re preparing, serving, or selling food, you’ll enjoy amazing perks and have fun both inside and outside the kitchen.
Federal Minor Work Guidelines:
- “IN SCHOOL” (Working weekends during the school year)
- Scheduled for Saturday/Sunday only.
- Can work up to 7 hours per day but not past 6:00 pm.
- Can work up to 14 hours per week.
- Can work between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm
- “SUMMER” (School is not in session)
- Can work between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm. (Between June 1 – Labor Day)
- Can work up to a 7-hour shift.
- Can work up to 35 hours per week.
- Scheduled only 5 days per week.
- Must be 15 years of age or turning 15 at the start of employment.
- Must have a current Georgia Work Permit on file.
- Communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language.
- Be available to comply with Federal Minor Work Guidelines.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- React well in stressful and emergency situations.
- Possess above average communication skills.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Be safety conscious, while also outgoing with a friendly demeanor.
- Be willing to actively engage guests.
- Continued sitting, standing, and bending; frequent kneeling.
- Eye/hand coordination, near vision, hearing, and speech. Manual dexterity, gross motor skills, and color definition.
- Stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time and as many as 7 hours a day; walk over 3 miles per day over various surfaces.