Website Border Force Heathrow
Border Force is a law enforcement command within the Home Office.
Border Force secures the border and promotes national prosperity by facilitating the legitimate movement of individuals and goods, whilst preventing those that would cause harm from entering the UK. This is achieved through the immigration and customs checks carried out by our staff at ports and airports. Our officers work at 140 sea and airports across the UK and overseas.
Border Force Heathrow is one of the largest international airports in the world, handling around 80 million passenger movements a year through the airports 4 terminals and 75% of all UK freight.
Border Force is responsible for:
- checking the immigration status of people arriving in and departing the UK
- searching baggage, vehicles and cargo for illicit goods or illegal immigrants
- patrolling the UK coastline and searching vessels
- gathering intelligence
- alerting the police and security services to people of interest
Our priorities are to:
- deter and prevent individuals and goods that would harm the national interests from entering the UK
- facilitate the legitimate movement of individuals and trade
Our values are hugely important in achieving our vision and are:
- Commitment, Discipline, Respect and Moral Courage.
We are looking for staff who:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Are flexible, adaptable and creative in solving problems and dealing with change;
- Can successfully perform a range of multi-skilled duties;
- Have a strong sense of personal ethics and honesty;
- Enjoy dealing with colleagues, members of the public and external stakeholders;
- Can confidently manage potentially difficult and challenging situations;
- Can demonstrate sound interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills and thrive working as part of a team;
Think in an objective and analytical manner;
Are robust at enforcing UK law whilst maintaining professionalism and sensitivity