Website Barclays UK
Customer Service Advisor – Branch
£22,100 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Between 7am and 11pm Monday – Sunday As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor – Branch you will be at the forefront of our obsession with customers – and right now our customers need us more than ever. Serving the more complex needs of our customers with a focus on achieving the best outcomes for our customers and clients.
We are looking for colleagues who have empathy, understanding, and a desire to take ownership of their personal development, how you develop is up to you but we’ll make it our job to notice, nurture and support your ambitions. There are multiple opportunities to grow your skills and develop into leadership roles. More than that, our service centres are seen as a hotbed of talent for our entire business. As a business we believe that by helping our colleagues continue to learn, develop and grow, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most – from life’s little moments to the big ones.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What you get from us
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
Voluntary benefits and more Hybrid Working
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager. What will you be doing?
• Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing support and outcomes to best suit that customers’ needs
• You will fulfil customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure each customer feels valued
• Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/policies to ensure that customers feel confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
• Educating each customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
• Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
• You’ll be working in a high paced environment reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions autonomously
• Understanding a customer’s financial position through listening to customers specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs What we’re looking for:
• Strong communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
• The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services available to them
• A genuine interest in the customer, by being customer centric Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also the ability to work to their own initiative
• Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service Where will you be working?
You will be based in one of our Branches which are the heart of Barclays. Branches are changing both in the way they look and the way our colleagues work in them. We aim to have someone on hand to help our customers with their banking needs from the moment they walk in, creating an exquisite customer experience, face to face, while using technology to create the quickest, most seamless experience for them. This opportunity is open to job share arrangements. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.