Website YMCA Valley of the Sun
The Valley of the Sun YMCA is one of the top 50 YMCA associations in the United States that has transformed its culture, vision and operations in the last 2 years. With 15 branches in Phoenix, Yuma and Flagstaff along with a thriving overnight camp in Prescott. We are fastly growing as a cause-driven organization that is focused on improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. If you share a commitment to being a part of a greater movement then a career with the YMCA is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
1. Directs and supervises the assigned branches to assure sound operations
2. Develops, manages, and monitors operating budgets and meets or exceeds budget targets
3. Ensures the operational growth of the YMCA through program expansion, member recruitment and retention, pricing strategies, and collaborations.
4. Identifies potential areas for programming to accomplish YMCA goals, and works with staff groups to develop and implement programs.
5. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs and leads branch staff in the planning, development and implementation of new program initiatives and activities
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
1. Bachelor’s degree in human services, business, social services or equivalent.
2. Five or more years of professional experience in the YMCA or another nonprofit preferred.
3. Knowledge and experience in all aspects of operations, including staff supervision and development, sucessful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, volunteerism, facility and property management and sound financial practices.
4. Ability to handle multiple demands and priorites and achieve organizational objective
5. YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
•12% Employer Funded Retirement Plan (once eligible) • Free YMCA Family Membership • Free Programs for dependents • Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance • Paid Vacation & Sick Leave (once accrued) • Professional Development Opportunities & Trainings • 403b Retirement Savings Account upon hire • Employee Assistant ProgramShow more