Website Mesa Air Group
The location for this position is based on the operational needs of the company and seniority. Current bases are as follows and are subject to change:
PHX (Phoenix, AZ)
DFW (Dallas, TX)
IAD (Washington, D.C.)
IAH (Houston, TX)
SDF (Louisville, KY)
Flight Attendants are the face of the airline. As such, they must be reliable and punctual with devotion to providing excellent customer service at all times. The position requires Flight Attendants to maintain a positive, approachable, and accommodating attitude, while delivering extraordinary service to all customers. A successful Flight Attendant must have in-depth knowledge of all safety procedures, service standards and company policies.
- Provide constant attention to our customers, providing them with a safe and reliable onboard experience
- Greet passengers, monitor carry-on baggage and direct passengers to assigned seats
- Ability to remain positive, respectful and understanding during challenging situations and/or passenger conflict
- Maintain physical health and professional appearance standards
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all emergency procedures and ability to operate all emergency equipment on board the aircraft
- Explain use of safety equipment to passengers in a clear, concise manner
- Serve beverages, snacks and meals where applicable
- Assist passengers to store carry-on luggage in overhead or under-seat storage
- Inform passengers of federal aviation regulations before push back, during flight and prior to landing
- Perform duties related to unforeseen medical emergencies and special needs passengers, i.e., unaccompanied minors and their paperwork, visually or hearing impaired, language impaired, elderly, physically challenged, etc
- Abide by policies outlined in the Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, Flight Attendant Manual and Code Share Partner standard
Mesa Air Group offers comprehensive health plans, package, travel benefits, bonuses & much more.
Starting pay for Flight Attendants is: $16.40 per flight hour, increasing to $17.75 after 6 months, and $19.50 after 12 months with annual increases thereafter. Flight hours will be discussed during an information session if you are to move forward in the application process. The average earnings for a Flight Attendant in the first year of employment is approximately $22,000.
Other Compensation Opportunities:
Flight attendants have numerous ways to earn extra income each month including a crash-pad assistance program. Additionally, when Flight Attendants elect not to stay in company provided hotel accommodations, Mesa Airlines will pay a portion of the hotel cost to the Flight Attendant.
A Flight Attendant can earn an additional $500 per month ($6,000 annually) utilizing other compensation opportunities.