Website FedEx Freight
What We’re Hiring For Freight Handler Part-Time
- Class A CDL City Driver
- Driver Apprentice
- Diesel Mechanic
- Operation Supervisor
- Service Center Support Intake
What to bring to this event Please bring valid photo ID. PLEASE NOTE: an RSVP or Indeed apply is NOT a FedEx Freight application. Thank you!
What to Wear
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)How to get to the event Park in front of Office About FedEx Freight FedEx Freight is a leading provider of LTL (less-than-truckload) freight services with a workforce of more than 42,000 team members in approximately 350 service centers, FedEx Freight handles approximately 100,000 shipments a day. FedEx Freight provides coverage throughout the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii and international services.
The FedEx Freight team is dedicated to delivering the ultimate customer experience through exceptional service, reliability and on-time performance.
What is a Hiring Event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!
- 4:00am to 10:00am
- 4:00pm to 10:00pm
- 11:00pm to 5:00am
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck.
- Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope)
- Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
- Perform hostling duties if required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required