Gold Dust West Elko
General Summary of Job Duties
The Hampton Housekeeping Manager is responsible for overseeing all housekeeping and laundry team members. This includes the ability to make sound judgment decisions, enforce department and company policies, provide support and accountability to all team members, and synergize with management. Must instill the importance of providing a consistently clean sleeping area for each guest. Must consistently lead by example, and provide every guest with friendly personalized service in an authentic manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
· Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
· Assist general manager with housekeeping and laundry departments scheduling.
· Assign daily work to Guest Room Attendants, Property Attendant, and Laundry Attendants based on occupancy and volume.
· Maintain (keep current) all required service, training, and control logs; preventative maintenance, Hampton brand training, etc.
· Interview applicants, hire, and train new employees per Hampton brand standards.
· Track attendance and process payroll for assigned personnel.
· Evaluate, prepare and issue periodic performance evaluations and corrective actions.
· Inspect rooms for consistency and cleanliness.
· Inspect public areas for consistency and cleanliness.
· Check guest room attendants’ productivity throughout the day.
· Monthly/quarterly/yearly inventory
· Cleaning and organizing housekeeping/storage/laundry rooms.
· Stocking and ordering supplies
· Assist guest room attendants with stripping and stocking linens, cleaning and organizing storage/laundry/housekeeping rooms, and stocking supplies.
· Assist with cleaning and maintaining assigned guest rooms in the hotel as needed.
· Assist with property attendant duties and/or assist laundry attendants as needed.
· Monitor the cleanliness of guest rooms according to Hampton brand standards and management’s standards, whichever standard is higher takes precedence.
· Check and maintain the physical condition of guest rooms. Fill out work orders for general maintenance repairs as needed. Report any damage or missing hotel items immediately.
· Monitor and maintain the condition of work carts, linens and supplies.
· Assist with stocking and restocking housekeeping carts as needed.
Follow all OSHA regulations and Company policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
· Properly use all cleaners and cleaning equipment.
· Inspect and correct chemical bottles/labels as needed following SDS guidelines.
· Deep cleaning
· Shampoo carpets
· Move furniture
· Communicate with all hotel team members to keep daily operations running efficiently.
· Take care of hotel property; avoid scraping walls when pushing carts through hallways, slamming of doors, and other movements that may cause property damage.
· Follow lost and found guidelines: Any items found in guest rooms, lobby, corridor, or in the back of the house are to be returned to the front desk.
· Follow all policies and procedures for guest, employee and hotel safety.
· Stay current with all Hampton brand training programs.
· Comply with all Hampton brand standards.
· Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
· Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
· Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
· Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
· Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
· Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
Some supervisor experience preferred.
Bilingual preferred but not required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret OSHA required Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
Attention to detail.
Maintain a positive outgoing attitude.
Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming in compliance with Hampton brand standards.
Required Work Cards
Identification that establishes identity.
Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States.
City, County and State work cards as required.
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
· Computer basics (for training courses)
· Housekeeping carts, linen bins, broom, mop, cleaning cloths, miscellaneous items needed for cleaning
· Washing and drying equipment
· Iron and folding equipment
· Clipboard and pen to record progress of daily work
· 2-Way radio
· Safety glasses, protective gloves and other PPE as required.
· Location and proper use of eye wash stations
· Location and use of SDS
· Location and proper use of chemical bottle fill stations for cleaning supplies
· Properly labeled bottles for use with cleaning chemicals
· Vacuum cleaner
· Carpet cleaning machine
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 – $18.50 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location