Friendship Village Tempe
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking FT Housekeepers
Schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm
Pay: $15.10 – $16.61
Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor. Keep work cart stocked and in a good clean manner. Remove lint from clothes dryers. High/low dusting, Polish furniture, Tubs & Showers, Stoves and perform any other duties or assume any other responsibilities as directed by department head or coordinator, or as is necessary to perform this job.
Education & Experience:
Knowledge of housekeeping practices i.e. cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, windows, floors, etc. Possess the ability to work as part of a team. Must have knowledge of housekeeping practices and must have a comprehensive understanding of all cleaning chemicals, etc. Requires use of judgment to follow instructions and standard operating procedures. Routine duties involve various procedures, including time management.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Must be able to stand and walk most of the working day, as well as reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling. Must be able to climb ladders, make turns, stoop, and crouch and bend while performing such tasks as cleaning walls and floors. Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months. May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals. Muscle strains a possibility. Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Friendship Village Tempe is passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service while keeping our community as safe as possible, protecting our residents, our staff, and their families. Therefore, Friendship Village Tempe is requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated upon hire. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
· Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Opportunities for Advancement
· Competitive Pay
· Direct Deposit
· $600 Employee Referral Bonus
· Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
· Education Grant Program
· Wellness Program & Gym On-site
· Employee Discounts
· Discounted Bus Passes
· Emergency Loan Program
· Employee Events
· Recognition Programs
· Flexible Spending Account
· Trip Reduction Program
· Paid Bereavement Leave
· Paid Jury Duty
· Leave of Absence Policy
· Military Time Off
Our Mission: Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
Our Vision: To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Hospitality Focus: Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
· We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
· We treat everyone with courteous respect.
· We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
· We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
· We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
· We embrace and value our differences.
· We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
· We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
· We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
· We pay attention to details.
Our Core Values:
· We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
· We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
· We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
· We are innovative and creative leaders.
· We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Our Reputation: Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services – Voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.5 stars on Facebook.
We hold a 4.6-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.3-star rating on Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.10 – $16.61 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Tempe, AZ 85282: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location