Website Dairy Queen
Fast food restaurant company
Dairy Queen Job Opportunities
Entry-level positions take on the essential yet menial tasks like operating the cash register and drive-thru area, cooking food, and basic menu item preparation. Duties prove easy to learn, and inexperienced workers with promising customer service skills typically earn crew member positions without issue. Depending on the needs of the store, Dairy Queen may offer entry-level associates full-time or part-time work schedules along with competitive base pay and eventual advancement opportunities. Crew members may also qualify for employee benefits packages.
Teams of managers at each location collaborate to accomplish big picture tasks and work hard to foster the company culture, PRIDE (personal responsibility in delivering excellence), in each employee. Great leadership skills, experience in the food service industry, and customer service expertise prove necessary qualifications for management associates. Many team members start out at entry-level positions before advancing to shift leader positions, and some associates develop long lasting careers at Dairy Queen by moving on to store manager or general manager job titles.
- An entry-level job title, crew members meet, greet, and serve customers. DQ crew member job responsibilities include preparing food, organizing work stations, and working drive-thru windows.
- Crew members generally earn starting pay near minimum wage.
- Ideal candidates work hard, possess good listening skills, and follow through on tasks.
- Cashiers work primarily on cash registers taking customer orders and providing prompt service.
- Cashier associates typically start out earning minimum wage.
- Associates must possess basic math skills and learn how to operate the point-of-sale systems (POS) used at locations.