Website NYC Health + Hospitals
About NYC Health + Hospitals
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direct supervision, assists plumbers in the installation, maintenance and repair of piping for water, gas, waste, soil and vent lines; performs related work.
General tasks and responsibilities will include:
1. Assists Plumbers in the installation of plumbing fixtures.
2. Carries tools and working materials and prepares same at work locations.
3. Cuts or drills openings as may be necessary for installation or repair of plumbing pipes or fixtures.
4. Cuts and threads pipe with hand or electrically operated tools.
5. Cleans up work areas.
1. Three years of full-time, satisfactory experience as a Plumbers Helper or Apprentice Plumber acquired within the last twelve years; or,
2. Not less than one year of experience as described in (1), plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational High School to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational High School.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.Show more