Website NYC HOUSING AUTHORITY
Under the direction of a Plumber, will assist with emergencies of routine and scheduled plumbing repairs of resident and public space. The duties will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Prepare for PHAS; and correct PHAS deficiencies.
2. Assist Plumber with the following related tasks: perform work relating to the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of piping of gas, potable water, plumbing, heating and drainage system. Install, maintain, and repair piping for water, gas, storm, waste, soil and vent systems. Set, maintain, and repair plumbing equipment and accessories.
3. Carries tools, working materials and equipment; and prepare the work location. Move heavy valves, piping and fixtures. Cuts, drills or prepare openings as maybe necessary for the installation, maintenance or repair of plumbing pipes and fixtures; clean work area.
NOTE: ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE MADE THROUGHOUT THE FIVE BOROUGHS.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, click on the link below:
IF THIS APPOINTMENT IS MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS PURSUANT TO §65 OF THE NYS CIVIL SERVICE LAW, NO TENURE OR PERMANENCE ACCRUES TO AN INCUMBENT IN THIS POSITION BY VIRTUE OF SUCH APPOINTMENT.
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the minimum qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber or;
2. Not less than one year of experience as described in “1” above plus sufficient plumbing training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade school, technical school or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber experience. The apprenticeship must be recognized by the New York State Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Labor or any apprenticeship council which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor. The schooling must be approved by a state’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization. Each year of approved, relevant training is equivalent to six months of full-time satisfactory plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber experience, up to a maximum of two years of satisfactory experience.
1. This position is open as a promotional opportunity only. It is not open a direct transfer (lateral) basis.
2. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
3. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Click the “Apply Now” button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.Show more