Website H Tempest
Set Builder / Stage Crew / Photographers Assistant specialising in Large Group Photography – heavy lifting, tiered staging. Location: Ideally located in Edinburgh, to cover Scotland and when required, further afield.
Salary: £16,585 with a £500 increase after a successful 6 months. H Tempest Ltd is the nation’s largest photography Company with staff numbering over 600. We specialise in academic photography ranging from toddlers in nursery groups to university graduation ceremonies as well as the Armed Forces and Corporate Photography. We are now seeking a confident, self-starter with a keen interest in photography, the ability to work with anyone from an individual child to a large group of children, adults and the Armed Forces. This is a field-based role working and travelling with a photographer covering Oxford, surrounding counties and possibly on occasion other parts of the UK. The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
Full time position: Being a full time position during this time the main volume of work will be during the term time when schools are in session.
Holidays: 26 days per annum plus bank holidays pro rata. In the unlikely event there is a job on a bank holiday a day in lieu will be given.
Expense reimbursement: All authorised business-related expenses will be reimbursed.
Pension scheme and full life cover: Following three months of service you will be enrolled in the Pension scheme and life cover becomes available on 1st August after one year’s service.
Professional training: Training is required for Health & Safety and Manual Handling and you may be required to visit the Company HQ in St. Ives. There will be extensive field based training for the role to ensure the right candidate can succeed as it is a physical role. (All training, travel, food and accommodation expenses will be paid by us)
Workwear: Appropriate workwear is provided, including secure footwear The role:
– Providing assistance to the photographer, helping with the building and dismantling of the staging in the main
– Maintaining positive relationship with key contacts
– Follow Health & Safety guidelines for safe use of the staging
– To assist in keeping booking details and related digital documents up to date.
The successful candidate will be the ambassador of the Tempest Photography brand. All applicants should:
– Have an innate ability to work with children of all ages and adults
– Be pleasant mannered and personable with a professional demeanor
– Be happy to travel and have more than twelve months driving experience with full UK license
– Enjoy meeting new people
– Be flexible in working times as early starts/late finishes may be necessary during term-time
– Be physically fit and active as assembling staging is very physical and manual
– Be confident and outgoing to manage large numbers of students/adults
– Be attired for physical work but as presentable and tidy as possible And finally…all applicants must have a full UK driving license and immediately prior to commencing employment must be willing to undergo a DBS check (or provide details of any previous DBS checks) and provide two referees. If you like the sound of this advert and want to join us, click on “APPLY” today and send us a copy of your CV. We can’t wait to see it!