Website Reed Business Support
A fantastic job opportunity has arisen to join the stable and well established purchasing department for a global technology business based in Aston.
This employer is one of my favourite and most loyal clients.
This is a super stable team. The last time I recruit for this team was 4 years ago and my guy is still there and has progressed.
This particular role is taking over from a chap who has been in the team for 7 years, We are now looking for a candidate with either purchasing, supply chain or wider procurement experience to become a Supply Chain Planner in the team. Salary = Circa £26,000 per annum (Negotiable depending on experience)
Bonus = £1,600 per annum (paid quarterly)
Office location = Aston, Birmingham
Hybrid working = 3 days working in the office, 2 days working from home a week. Purpose:
The main focus of this role will be around supplier management, purchase order management and stock/demand planning The duties include:
• This role is responsible for optimising stock turns, avoiding stock out’s, returning obsolete stock, measuring supplier performance and maintaining system integrity throughout all processes conducted for both the UK and Middle East
• Complete daily MRP recommendations for stock orders, pulling forward and pushing back requirements and ensuring appropriate action taken to mitigate any stock issues
• Review the daily predicted stock-out report and takes action as appropriate to ensure continuity of supply and service to the customer.
• Complete monthly stock rotations and negotiate returns in line with suppliers terms
• Attends relevant vendor reviews meetings and highlights any service related issues to the supplier
• Places purchase orders in sensible carton , pallet, container quantity’s as appropriate to the sales demand and stocking portfolio
• To Manage Supplier service performance, Value, Quality, Capacity limitations and protection within each supplier relationship
• Update Supplier Performance Records for day-to-day challenges
• Monitor regularly supplier lead times and act on day to day performance
• Monitor product availability due from branded suppliers
• Review capacity of suppliers against current levels of demand by instigating monthly conference calls and discussing any areas of concern The ideal candidate for this role:
• Will have previous purchasing, logistics/supply chain planning or demand planning experience – experience is a key factor for this client so any experience relevant to this role will be considered
• Must of used an ERP or MRP system and have this evidence on your CV
• Must be based in the UK currently and have the required Right To Work documentation
• Has previous stock/demand forecasting experience
• Strong IT competency due to the reporting nature of the role Therefore if you feel you have the relevant experience for this role and want to work in a stable team in a growing business then this is the role for you.
Do not hesitate and apply today.